Family Law

The Law Office of Albert A. Myers, III PC located in Conyers, Georgia specializes in family law. The attorneys at Green Street Law Offices work diligently to defend your rights and protect your interest in legal matters in the east Atlanta area.

Your family is the most important thing in your life, and it is crucial to find a family law attorney whose expertise is devoted to protecting you and your family. The Law Office of Albert A. Myers, III PC will ensure that your interests are represented properly in the eyes of the court. Divorce or custody support issues can be quite difficult to work through without professional legal counsel.

Family Law includes the following:
  • Contested / Uncontested Divorce - The process of ending a marriage and starting anew in your family life can involve complex legal issues such as property division, legal separation, child support, and spousal support. The attorneys at Green Street Law offices can help guide you through the complexities surrounding your divorce in an effort to reach a favorable outcome.
  • Legal separation - where the couple remains legally married but does not legally qualify as a full divorce.
  • Spousal support (alimony) - earning financial compensation for living expenses from one ex-spouse to the other; often called alimony.
  • Child custody and support cases - deals with parenting and visitation plans, as well as court-ordered child support.
  • Modifications of custody and visitation - adjustments to pre-existing custody and visitations agreements.
  • Modifications of support - adjustments to pre-existing support settlements.
  • Adoptions - includes step-parent adoptions, relative adoptions, independent adoptions (non-blood related friend of the family adopts the child), and agency adoptions (non-related individual adopts a foster child and becomes their legal parent).
  • Legitimation/Paternity - involves cases in which the paternity of a child needs to be established and in Georgia there are several ways in which paternity can be established: legal marriage, an acknowledgment form, or a court order.
  • Legal marriage - child's parents have to be legally married before the child is born.
  • Acknowledgment form - parents who are not legally married can voluntarily sign a paternity acknowledgement form.
  • Court order - this order can be either judicial or administrative and can be made as a result of a divorce decree, separation agreement or through other legal means.
  • Name changes and birth certificate amendments
  • Contempt of Court - which arises through being disobedient or disrespectful in a court of law or towards a court official.
  • Contact Us for a Consultation

    We provide legal service to the following (but not limited to) counties:
    Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, Walton, Henry, DeKalb, and Fulton. Please contact us to see if we serve your area.

    Contact Us